In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Beet and butternut squash hash with poached eggs and spiced yogurt
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 470 Calories/Serving
Also known as red flannel hash, this breakfast-for-dinner gets its color from bright red beets, paired with tart spiced yogurt for a New England–inspired vegetarian dinner.
In your bag
- ¼ pound new potatoes
- 1 bunch kohlrabi
- 1 red onion
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1½ ounces roasted red peppers
- 1 or 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- ¼ pound chopped peeled butternut squash
- 4 pasture-raised organic eggs
- ½ pound peeled roasted beets
- 2 ounces baby kale
- 3 scallions
- 1 lime
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- Yogurt spice blend (onion powder - granulated garlic - sweet paprika - dried Mexican oregano - cayenne - dried thyme)
Calories: 470, Protein: 21g (42% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 20g (31% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 310mg (103% DV), Sodium: 280mg (12% DV), Carbohydrates: 52g (17% DV), Total Sugars: 21g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Scrub or peel the potatoes.
- Trim the stem and root ends from the kohlrabi; using a sharp knife or peeler, peel off the tough outer skin.
- Cut the potatoes and kohlrabi lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices, the slices lengthwise into ½-inch-thick sticks, then the sticks crosswise into ½-inch cubes.
- Peel and coarsely chop the red onion.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; coarsely chop the peppers.
- Strip the rosemary leaves from the stems; finely chop enough leaves to measure 1 teaspoon.
Cook the hash
While the vegetables cook, prepare the eggs.
Poach the eggs
While the eggs cook, prepare the beets.
Prep and warm the beets; finish the hash
- Cut a small corner from the beet packaging and drain off any excess liquid; cut the beets into ½-inch cubes.
While the beets cook, prepare the spiced yogurt and garnishes.
Make the spiced yogurt; prep the garnishes
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions. Measure out 1 tablespoon scallions and finely chop. Set aside the remaining scallions for garnish.
- Cut the lime into wedges for garnish.