In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Beet and cabbage borscht with grilled ciabatta
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
To save on cooking time, we made our borscht with Love Beets, a tasty prepackaged brand we, well, love. This classic Eastern European soup is hearty and satisfying served hot or cold.
In your bag
- ½ pound leeks
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 carrot
- ½ pound parsnips
- 7 ounces savoy cabbage
- Fresh dill
- ½ teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- One 8.8-ounce package roasted Love Beets
- 1 teaspoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 ciabatta roll
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
Calories 540, Total Fat 18g (23% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 5mg (2% DV), Sodium 650mg (28% DV), Total Carb. 82g (30% DV), Fiber 14g (50% DV), Protein 18g
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Trim the root ends of the leeks, cut in half lengthwise, and then into ¼-inch-thick half- moon slices. Soak in a bowl of cold water, allowing any dirt to settle at the bottom, and then skim the leeks from the surface, leaving any grit behind.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Scrub the carrot, trim the top, cut in half lengthwise and then into ¼-inch-thick diagonal slices.
- Scrub the parsnips, trim the tops, cut in half lengthwise and then into thin half-moon slices.
- Remove the core from the cabbage and coarsely chop the leaves.
- Pick the dill leaves from their stems and coarsely chop the leaves. Discard the stems.
Make the borscht
- Remove the beets from the bag, transfer the juice to the pot with the vegetables. Cut the beets in half and then into 1/4 -inch-thick half-moon slices.
Heat the ciabatta
- Cut the ciabatta in half and drizzle each piece with olive oil.