Bibimbap with snap peas, carrots, and fried eggs
Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Dairy Free, Spicy
25 – 35 Minutes
Korea’s beloved rice dish has a bit of everything—kimchi, sesame, fried egg—in every bite. To keep it strictly gluten-free, omit the gochujang.
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1½ tablespoons black and white sesame seeds
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 1 red bell pepper
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- ¼ pound sugar snap peas
- 4 pasture-raised organic eggs
- Fresh ginger
- Fresh cilantro
- Bibimbap dressing base (rice vinegar - gluten-free tamari - sesame oil - maple syrup)
- 2 ounces shredded carrots
- Mung bean sprouts
- 3 ounces Mother-in-Law’s Vegan Table Cut Kimchi (napa cabbage - red chile peppers - onion - fresh chives - fresh garlic - fresh ginger - salt - sugar)
- 2 tablespoons Mother-in-Law’s gochujang - optional (chile flakes - malt syrup - wheat flour - sweet rice powder - fresh garlic - onion - salt - soybean flour)
Cook the rice
- In a fine-mesh strainer, rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, toast the sesame seeds and prepare the vegetables.
Toast the sesame seeds
Prep the vegetables
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1½ teaspoons.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; thinly slice the pepper.
Cook the vegetables and eggs
In the same pan used for the vegetables, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Crack the eggs directly into the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook until the whites have set and the yolks are slightly runny, 2 to 3 minutes. If you prefer firmer yolks, cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer. Transfer to a plate.
While the eggs cook, prepare the dressing and garnishes.
Make the dressing and prep the garnishes
- Grate or peel and finely chop enough ginger to measure 2 teaspoons.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
- Rinse the rice.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure out the garlic and ginger.
- Mix the dressing.
- Practice saying bibimbap and gochujang.
Nutrition per serving: Protein: 22g (44% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 13g (20% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 155mg (52% DV), Sodium: 730mg (30% DV), Carbohydrates: 104g (35% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 3g (6% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Contains: soy, wheat, eggs