In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Big Island vegetable curry with warm naan
Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan
2 Servings, 550 Calories/Serving
Sweet and savory with mushrooms for umami, this easy curry gets a boost of Big Island flavor from our custom pineapple curry sauce base.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic carrots (about 6 ounces total)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- ¼ pound organic broccoli
- 3½ ounces organic beech or other specialty mushrooms
- 1 organic lemon
- Sunbasket pineapple curry sauce base (coconut milk - pineapple - lemongrass - garlic - ginger - curry powder)
- 3 tablespoons cashews
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 2 whole grain naan
Calories 550, Total Fat 32g (41% DV), Sat. Fat 14g (70% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 240mg (10% DV), Total Carb. 62g (23% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 18g (Incl. 2g Added Sugars, 4% DV), Protein 14g
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew, coconut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the ingredients
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [1½ cups].
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets; trim any coarse stems.
- Trim the stem ends from the beech mushrooms; separate the mushrooms into small bunches.
- Juice half the lemon; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lemon; cut 1 lemon into wedges.]
Cook the curry
Add the pineapple curry sauce base and 1 cup [1½ cups] water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and the sauce thickens slightly, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the beech mushrooms and 2 teaspoons [4 tsp] lemon juice. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper and more lemon juice, if desired.
While the curry cooks, prepare the garnishes and warm the naan.
Prep the garnishes; toast the naan
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Measure the onion.
- Separate the mushrooms.
- Juice the lemon.
- Crush the cashews.
- Garnish the curry.