In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black Angus steaks with garlic butter, asparagus, and fresh mozzarella
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 910 Calories/Serving
Fire up juicy Black Angus beef with fresh asparagus and tomatoes for sun-kissed deliciousness. Drizzle everything with melted garlic butter, grab some hoppy IPA, and get this patio party started.
In your bag
- 2 organic Roma or other tomatoes
- 10 ounces organic asparagus
- Steak options:
- 2 Black Angus rib-eyes (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus New York strips (about 10 ounces each)
- 2 Black Angus filet mignons (about 5 ounces each)
- 1 organic lime
- ¼ pound fresh mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Sunbasket garlic butter base (Dijon mustard - lemon juice - garlic - dried thyme - sweet paprika)
Calories 910, Total Fat 66g (85% DV), Sat. Fat 26g (130% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 190mg (63% DV), Sodium 400mg (17% DV), Total Carb. 18g (7% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 65g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Sear the tomatoes
- Cut away the cores from the tomatoes, then cut the tomatoes lengthwise into quarters. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the tomatoes, cut sides down, and cook, undisturbed, until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn the tomatoes to the other cut sides and cook, undisturbed, until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan.
Prep and cook the asparagus
- Snap off the woody ends from the asparagus; cut the asparagus crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
In the same pan used for the tomatoes, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the asparagus, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Meanwhile, start preparing the steaks.
Prep and cook the steaks
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
In another large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the steaks and cook, turning frequently, until well browned and your desired doneness is reached. For medium-rare, that’s 4 to 6 minutes for rib-eyes and New York strips and 8 to 12 minutes for filet mignons.
Transfer the cooked steaks to a cutting board to rest for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into ½-inch-thick slices. Do not clean the pan. While the steaks are cooking and resting, prepare the remaining ingredients and the vinaigrette.
Prep the remaining ingredients; make the vinaigrette
- Zest and juice the lime, keeping the zest and juice separate.
- Tear the mozzarella into bite-size pieces; set aside for serving.
In a small bowl, stir together the balsamic vinegar, lime zest, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lime juice, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Make the garlic butter
In the same pan used for the steaks, add the butter and garlic butter base and cook over low heat, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, until the butter melts and the ingredients are incorporated, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to 2  small serving bowls for dipping.
Transfer the steaks and asparagus to individual plates. Top the asparagus with the tomatoes and mozzarella and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Serve with the garlic butter on the side as a dipping sauce. Alternatively, drizzle the garlic butter on the steaks and serve.
- Snap off the ends from the asparagus.
- Juice the lime.
- Tear the mozzarella.
- Make the vinaigrette.
- Drizzle the vegetables with the vinaigrette.