Black bean and quinoa chili with lime
Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Soy-Free
30 – 40 Minutes
Chili is often considered a weekend project, but when most of the ingredients are premeasured and precut, this one-pot meal comes together quickly. Black beans and quinoa provide a double dose of protein. The six garnishes mean that everyone can design their bowl exactly to their liking.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1½ cups mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- Chili spice blend (chili powder - coriander - cumin - dried Mexican oregano - granulated garlic - sweet smoked paprika - cinnamon)
- ¾ cup rainbow quinoa
- 1½ cups cooked black beans
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 limes
- Fresh cilantro
- ¼ pound shredded Mexican cheese blend (Monterey jack - sharp cheddar - queso blanco - Asadero)
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- Tortilla chips
Start the chili
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the red bell pepper. Coarsely chop the pepper.
While the bell pepper and mirepoix cook, rinse the quinoa and black beans.
Prep and cook the quinoa and black beans
- In a fine-mesh strainer, rinse the quinoa and black beans.
When the chili is almost done, prepare the limes and cilantro.
Prep the lime and cilantro
- Juice 1 lime.
- Cut 1 lime into wedges for garnish.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
- Rinse the quinoa and black beans.
- Juice the lime.
- Set the table.
- Garnish and serve the chili.
- Wash the dishes.
Calories: 630, Protein: 26g, Fiber: 14g, Total Fat: 28g, Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Cholesterol: 30mg, Sodium: 740mg, Carbohydrates: 71mg, Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g. Contains: Milk