Sweet potato–black bean chili cheese fries
Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Soy-Free
30 – 40 Minutes
These reimagined chili cheese fries are vegetarian, gluten-free, and family-friendly as oven-roasted sweet potatoes sub for traditional deep-fried spuds.
In your bag
- 3 sweet potatoes (about 1¾ pounds)
- 2 or 3 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1 chipotle chile in gluten-free adobo (optional)
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 cup mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- Chili spice blend (chili powder - coriander - cumin - granulated garlic)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 lime
- ½ pound jicama
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 3 scallions
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
When zesting citrus, try to remove only the outermost colored portion of the rind, or zest, and as little of the white pith beneath as possible. The zest holds all the fragrant essential oils, while the pith tastes bitter.
Protein: 22g (44% DV), Fiber: 18g (72% DV), Total Fat: 27g (42% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 30mg (10% DV), Sodium: 400mg (17% DV) (does not include pantry salt; for reference, ½ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV), Carbohydrates: 76g (25% DV), Total Sugars: 15g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.