In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black bean-quinoa burgers with sweet potato fries
2 Servings, 750 Calories/Serving
These protein-packed vegetarian patties put ordinary beef burgers on notice.
In your bag
- ½ cup rainbow quinoa
- Burger spice blend (granulated garlic - coriander - cumin)
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1½ cups cooked black beans
- 3 scallions
- ¼ pound shredded carrots
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- ½ cup whole wheat panko
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 head baby iceberg lettuce
- ¾ cup roasted red peppers
- 4 whole wheat buns
- Sunbasket creamy Parmesan blend (paleo mayo - Parmesan - Dijon mustard)
Calories: 750, Protein: 22g (44% DV), Fiber: 15g (60% DV), Total Fat: 36g (55% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV), Cholesterol: 120mg (40% DV), Sodium: 770mg (32% DV), Carbohydrates: 79g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: (Hamburger buns add trace amounts of sugar): 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa.
While the quinoa cooks, prepare the sweet potatoes.
Roast the sweet potatoes
- Scrub or peel the sweet potatoes. Trim the ends and cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into ½-inch-wide wedges.
While the sweet potatoes roast, make the burgers.
Prep the burgers
- Rinse the black beans; measure out 1 cup for smashing.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
Cook the burgers
While the burgers cook, prepare the garnishes and buns.
Prep the garnishes; toast the buns
- Trim the root end from the iceberg lettuce.
- Tear the lettuce leaves into burger-size pieces.
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; thinly slice the peppers.
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Rinse and measure out the black beans.
- Smash the black beans.
- Tear the lettuce.
- Assemble the burgers.