In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black bean–quinoa burgers with sweet potato fries
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Vegan, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 780 Calories/Serving
This protein dream team, black beans and quinoa, make up our vegan burger, while cashew butter and nutritional yeast stand in for cheese.
In your bag
- ¼ cup rainbow quinoa
- 2 organic sweet potatoes
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 3 organic scallions
- Sunbasket vegan “cheese” blend (almond milk - cashew butter - granulated garlic - nutritional yeast - kosher salt - onion powder)
- Sunbasket burger blend (whole wheat panko - all-purpose flour - granulated garlic - coriander - cumin)
- 1 head organic green leaf or other lettuce
- 2 vegan whole wheat buns
- 2 ounces organic shredded carrots
Nutrition per serving
Calories 780, Total Fat 22g (28% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 640mg (28% DV), Total Carb. 127g (46% DV), Fiber 24g (86% DV), Total Sugars 15g (Incl. 3g Added Sugars, 6% DV), Protein 28g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond, cashew), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa.
While the quinoa cooks, prepare the sweet potatoes.
Prep and roast the sweet potato fries
- Scrub or peel the sweet potatoes. Trim the ends and cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices.
While the potatoes roast, make the burgers.
Prep the patties
- Rinse the black beans.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Measure 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] vegan “cheese” blend; set aside the rest for serving.
Cook the patties
While the patties cook, prepare the lettuce and buns.
Prep the lettuce; toast the buns
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; tear the leaves into burger-size pieces.
- Rinse the quinoa and black beans.
- Measure the vegan “cheese” blend.
- Mash the beans.
- Tear the lettuce.
- Help assemble the burgers.