In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black bean sloppy joes on whole wheat buns with coleslaw
Vegan, Family-Friendly, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
We’ve made the sloppy joe sauce and the coleslaw dressing for you, so this hearty plant-based meal comes together in just 15 minutes.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 2 tablespoons diced mild green chiles
- Sun Basket sloppy joe sauce base (tomatoes - tomato paste - vegan Worcestershire - granulated garlic - chili powder - cumin - coriander)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sun Basket coleslaw dressing base (onion - red wine vinegar - garlic)
- 5 ounces organic shredded green or other cabbage
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 2 vegan whole wheat buns
Calories: 530, Protein: 16g (32% DV), Fiber: 17g (68% DV), Total Fat: 24g (37% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 540mg (23% DV), Carbohydrates: 68g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 3g (6% DV).
Contains: Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the sloppy joe filling
- Peel and coarsely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
- Rinse the black beans.
If you prefer a saucier filling, stir in more water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to reach the desired consistency. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. While the filling is cooking, prepare the coleslaw and buns.
Make the coleslaw
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Toast the buns
- Measure the shallots.
- Rinse the beans.
- Measure the water for the sloppy joe filling.
- Assemble the coleslaw.
- Top the sloppy joes with coleslaw.