In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black bean tostadas with yellow squash and soft-cooked eggs
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Vegetarian, Diabetes-Friendly, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 560 Calories/Serving
Turn taco night into tostada night. We’ll show you how. Just pile flat toasted tortillas with earthy black beans, seared yellow squash, and pickled onion and radish for loads of flavor in every bite.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 organic watermelon radish
- 1 organic lime
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 organic yellow squash or zucchini
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- Sunbasket black bean spice blend (granulated garlic - coriander - sweet smoked paprika)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1½ ounces queso fresco
Calories 560, Total Fat 26g (33% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 170mg (57% DV), Sodium 320mg (14% DV), Total Carb. 63g (23% DV), Fiber 13g (46% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 22g
Contains: Milk, Eggs
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Pickle the onion and radish
Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup]. Coarsely chop enough additional onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup]; set aside for the squash and black beans.
- Peel the watermelon radish; cut the radish lengthwise into quarters, then thinly slice crosswise.
- Juice half the lime; cut the remaining half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lime; cut the remaining lime into wedges.]
In a medium bowl, combine the sliced onion, radish, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Crisp the tortillas
- Brush the tortillas lightly on both sides with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil and season with salt.
Arrange the tortillas side by side directly on the oven rack. Toast, using tongs to turn them once halfway through, until crisp, 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer the tortillas to a plate. Meanwhile, prepare the eggs.
Cook the eggs
Bring a small saucepot of water to a boil and fill a small bowl with ice water. Carefully lower the eggs into the boiling water and cook for exactly 6 minutes for soft-cooked (for firmer yolks, cook 1 to 3 minutes longer). Transfer the eggs to the ice water to cool. Carefully peel the eggs. While the eggs are cooking and cooling, prepare the squash and black beans.
Prep and cook the squash and black beans
- Cut the squash into ½-inch pieces.
- Rinse the black beans.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the chopped onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the squash and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
Stir in the black bean spice blend and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the beans and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. While the squash and beans are cooking, prepare the remaining garnishes.
Prep the remaining garnishes
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Transfer the tortillas to individual plates. Using a slotted spoon, remove the pickled onion and radish from the brine. Top the tortillas with the squash, beans, onion, radish, and eggs. Crumble the queso fresco on top, garnish with the cilantro, and serve with the lime wedges.
- Measure the onion.
- Juice the lime.
- Stir the pickled onion and radish.
- Peel the eggs.
- Rinse the beans.