Black bean tostadas with summer squash and soft-cooked eggs
Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Soy Free
30 – 40 Minutes
These easy vegetarian and gluten-free tostadas combine earthy black beans and seared summer squash with crisp pickled red onions and radishes.
- 1 red onion
- 2 or 3 red radishes
- Quick-pickle brine (rice vinegar - maple syrup)
- 4 100% corn tortillas
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 1 or 2 yellow squash
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- Black bean spice blend (granulated garlic - coriander - sweet smoked paprika)
- 1 lime
- Fresh cilantro
- 2 ounces queso fresco
Pickle the red onion and radishes
- Peel and halve the onion. Coarsely chop half for the beans; thinly slice half for pickling.
- Trim the ends from the radishes; cut the radishes in half, then thinly slice crosswise.
Crisp the tortillas
While the tortillas heat, prepare the eggs.
Cook the eggs
While the eggs cook, start the beans.
Cook the squash and black beans
- Trim the ends from the yellow squash; cut the squash lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
- Rinse the black beans.
While the beans cook, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Cut the lime into wedges.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Cut the eggs in quarters.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 720, Protein: 23g, Total Fat: 34g, Monounsaturated Fat: 20g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 175mg, Carbohydrates: 79g, Fiber: 15g, 60% Sugar: 18g, Added Sugars (Pickle brine): 6g, Sodium: 550mg
Contains: milk, eggs