In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black bean and yellow squash tostadas with soft-cooked eggs
Family-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 560 Calories/Serving
These easy vegetarian and gluten-free tostadas combine earthy black beans and seared yellow squash with pickled onion and radishes.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 2 to 4 organic radishes (about ¼ pound total)
- 1 organic lime
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 organic yellow squash or zucchini
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- Sunbasket black bean spice blend (granulated garlic - coriander - sweet smoked paprika)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1½ ounces queso fresco
Calories: 560, Protein: 21g (42% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 170mg (57% DV), Sodium: 340mg (14% DV), Carbohydrates: 62g (21% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Pickle the onion and radishes
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup]. Coarsely chop enough additional onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup]; set aside for the squash and black beans.
- Cut the radishes in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Juice half the lime; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lime; cut 1 lime into wedges.]
Crisp the tortillas
- Brush the tortillas lightly on both sides with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil and season with salt.
Cook the eggs
Prep and cook the squash and black beans
- Cut the squash into ½-inch pieces.
- Rinse the black beans.
Prep the garnishes
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Measure the onion.
- Juice the lime.
- Stir the pickled onion and radishes.
- Peel the eggs.
- Rinse the beans.