In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black bean tostadas with quick pickles and soft-cooked eggs
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 560 Calories/Serving
Tostadas are like open-faced tacos, with the fillings piled atop crisp flat tortillas instead of wrapped into soft ones. Here, paprika-spiced black beans and roasted butternut squash lend earthiness, while quick-pickled red onions and radishes bring tartness and crunch.
In your bag
- 1 red onion
- 2 or 3 red radishes
- Quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - sugar - salt)
- 12 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 1 pound chopped peeled butternut squash
- 4 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 1 or 2 shallots
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- Black bean spice blend (granulated garlic - coriander - sweet smoked paprika)
- 1 lime
- Fresh cilantro
- ¼ pound queso fresco
Calories 560, Total Fat 20g (26% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 160mg (53% DV), Sodium 510mg (22% DV), Total Carb. 77g (28% DV), Fiber 16g (57% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 2g Added Sugars, 4% DV), Protein 20g
Contains: Milk, Eggs
Wash produce before use
Pickle the red onion and radish
- Peel and halve the red onion. Coarsely chop half for the black beans; thinly slice half for pickling.
- Trim the ends from the radishes. Cut them in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
Roast the tortillas and squash
While the tortillas and squash roast, prepare the eggs.
Cook the eggs
While the eggs cook, prepare the black beans.
Cook the black beans
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Rinse the black beans.
While the beans cook, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Cut the lime into wedges.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Cut the eggs lengthwise into quarters.
Chef’s tip If you prefer to crisp your tortillas in a large frying pan with a splash of oil over medium heat instead of roasting them in the oven, by all means, go for it.
- Oil the tortillas and butternut squash.
- Time and peel the eggs.
- Rinse the beans.
- Set out the tostada toppings.
- Help clean up.