In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black bean tostadas with squash, pickled onion, and soft-cooked eggs
Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 710 Calories/Serving
These easy vegetarian and gluten-free tostadas combine earthy black beans and roasted butternut squash with crisp pickled red onions and radishes.
In your bag
- 1 red onion
- 2 or 3 radishes
- Quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey)
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- ½ pound chopped peeled butternut squash
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- Black bean spice blend (granulated garlic - coriander - sweet smoked paprika)
- 1 lime
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1½ ounces queso fresco
Calories: 710, Protein: 19g (38% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 34g (52% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 22g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 170mg (57% DV), Sodium: 250mg (10% DV), Carbohydrates: 67g (22% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: (Quick-pickle brine contains honey): 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Pickle the red onion and radishes
- Peel the red onion and cut in half. Coarsely chop half for the beans; thinly slice half for pickling.
- Trim the ends from the radishes. Cut them in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
Crisp the tortillas; roast the squash
- Remove 6 tortillas from the package; save the rest for another use.
While the tortillas and squash roast, prepare the eggs.
Cook the eggs
While the eggs cook, prepare the beans.
Cook the black beans
- Rinse the black beans.
While the beans cook, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Cut the lime into wedges.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.