In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black bean tostadas with summer squash and soft-cooked eggs
Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Soy-Free
4 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
These easy vegetarian and gluten-free tostadas combine earthy black beans and summer squash with crisp pickled red onions and radishes.
In your bag
- 1 red onion
- 2 or 3 red radishes
- Quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey)
- 4 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 12 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 1 or 2 shallots
- 1¼ pounds summer squash
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- Black bean spice blend (granulated garlic - coriander - sweet smoked paprika)
- 1 lime
- Fresh cilantro
- ¼ pound queso fresco
Protein: 24g (48% DV), Fiber: 15g (60% DV), Total Fat: 21g (32% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 175mg (58% DV), Sodium: 420mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 70g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 14g, Added Sugars: 4g (8% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs
Wash produce before use
Pickle the red onion and radishes
- Peel and halve the red onion. Coarsely chop half for the black beans; thinly slice half for pickling.
- Trim the ends from the radishes; cut the radishes in half, then thinly slice crosswise.
Cook the eggs
While the eggs cook, warm the tortillas.
Crisp the tortillas
While the tortillas crisp, prepare the squash and black beans.
Prep and cook the squash and black beans
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Trim the ends from the summer squash; cut the squash in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices.
- Rinse the black beans.
While the squash and beans cook, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Cut the lime into wedges.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Cut the eggs lengthwise into quarters.
Chef’s Tip: If you’re looking for an easier way to peel the eggs, using a serrated knife, cut the cooked eggs in half (shell and all!) and scoop out each half with a spoon.
- Time and peel the eggs.
- Stir the pickle ingredients.
- Oil the tortillas.
- Rinse the beans.
- Set out the tostada toppings.