In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black-pepper tofu with coconut forbidden rice
Spicy, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 840 Calories/Serving
Don’t be put off by the amount of black pepper here—it’s flavor and heat are the point of this pungent and deeply spicy dish. The coconut rice tempers the heat and balances the meal.
In your bag
- ¾ cup Lotus Foods forbidden rice
- ½ cup coconut milk
- Hodo Soy firm tofu
- 2-3 shallots
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 scallions
- Unsalted butter
- Baby spinach
- Stir-fry sauce (1 T tamari-1 T hoisin- 1 T mirin)
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
Prep the tofu and the seasonings
- Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes.
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Peel and slice the ginger into thin strips.
- Mince the garlic.
- Cut the scallions into 1½-inch long pieces.
Brown the tofu
Stir fry the seasonings and the spinach