In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black peppercorn beef stir-fry over rice
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, No Added Sugar, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
Fragrant black pepper and rich mushrooms shine in this umami-packed, steak stir-fry that comes together fast.
In your bag
- ¾ cup long-grain white rice
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Sunbasket stir-fry blend (gluten-free tamari - sesame oil - garlic - ginger)
- 3 organic scallions
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- ½ pound organic sugar snap or snow peas
Calories 630, Total Fat 20g (26% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 820mg (36% DV), Total Carb. 69g (25% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 5g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 43g
Contains: Soybeans, Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the stir-fry ingredients
- On a cutting board, using a rolling pin or the bottom of a small pot or bowl, lightly crush the peppercorns.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms; cut the caps into quarters.
- In a small bowl, using a fork or whisk, mix together the cornstarch with half the stir-fry blend and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] water to form a slurry.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal for garnish.
Sear the steak
- Cut a small corner from the steak packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season very lightly with salt and sprinkle with the crushed peppercorns.
Cook the vegetables; finish the stir-fry
In the same pan used for the steak, if dry, add 1 to 2 tablespoons oil. Warm over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the snap peas and cook until bright green and crisp-tender, about 1 minute.
Stir the cornstarch slurry to recombine, then add the slurry and steak and any accumulated juices and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened slightly and the steak is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes for medium. Remove from the heat and season to taste with the remaining stir-fry blend.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Crush the peppercorns.
- Mix the cornstarch slurry.
- Garnish with the scallions.