In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black rice bowls with delicata squash, pear, and cashew dressing
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Vegan, No Added Sugar
2 Servings, 690 Calories/Serving
The first time we laid eyes on romanesco, we were hooked. This cool, funky veggie boasts a mildly nutty and earthy flavor that’s perfect with roasted delicata squash and sweet pear slices.
In your bag
- ½ cup black rice
- 3 ounces organic baby kale or other leafy greens
- 1 head organic romanesco
- 1 organic delicata squash
- 1 organic red d’Anjou or other pear
- Sunbasket creamy cashew dressing base (cashews - water - lemon juice - garlic - kosher salt - granulated garlic - dried Mexican oregano)
- Sunbasket pumpkin seed dukkah (pumpkin seeds - sesame seeds - coriander - cumin - kosher salt - black pepper)
Calories 690, Total Fat 35g (45% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 470mg (20% DV), Total Carb. 87g (32% DV), Fiber 15g (54% DV), Total Sugars 14g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 20g
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
Heat the oven to 425°F.
In a small sauce pot, combine the black rice and 1 cup [1½ cups] lightly salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, 25 to 30 minutes. Stir in the kale, cover, and keep warm. Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and roast the romanesco and squash
- Cut the romanesco into 1-inch florets, discarding any leaves or thick stalks.
- Trim the ends from the delicata squash. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon, then cut each half crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
On a sheet pan [2 sheet pans], toss the romanesco and squash with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil; season with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer. Roast, stirring halfway through, until the vegetables are tender and lightly browned, 16 to 18 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the pear; finish the cashew dressing
- Core and thinly slice the pear.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Scoop out the squash seeds.
- Toss the romanesco and squash with oil and seasonings.
- Stir the cashew dressing.
- Assemble their own bowls.