In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black rice bowls with winter vegetables, pear, and cashew dressing
Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Vegan, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 690 Calories/Serving
For this easy, nutrient-packed vegan bowl, vegetables roast in the oven while you steam black rice. Everything then gets drizzled with our creamy cashew dressing base.
In your bag
- ½ cup black rice
- 3 ounces organic baby kale or other leafy greens
- 1 head organic romanesco
- 1 organic delicata squash
- 1 organic red d’Anjou or other pear
- Sun Basket creamy cashew dressing base (cashews - fresh lemon juice - fresh garlic - kosher salt - granulated garlic - dried Mexican oregano)
- Sun Basket pumpkin seed dukkah (pumpkin seeds - sesame seeds - coriander - cumin - kosher salt - black pepper)
Calories: 690, Protein: 16g (32% DV), Fiber: 15g (60% DV), Total Fat: 34g (52% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 21g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 460mg (19% DV), Carbohydrates: 87g (29% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
In a small sauce pot, combine the black rice and 1 cup [1½ cups] lightly salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, 25 to 30 minutes. Stir in the kale, cover, and keep warm.
While the rice cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and roast the romanesco and squash
- Cut the romanesco into 1-inch florets, discarding any leaves or thick stalks.
- Trim the ends from the delicata squash. Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon, then cut each half crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
While the vegetables roast, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the pear; finish the cashew dressing
- Core and thinly slice the pear.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Toss the romanesco and squash with oil and seasonings.
- Stir the cashew dressing.
- Assemble their own bowls.