In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Black rice burrito bowls with braised tofu and tomatillo salsa
Dairy-Free, Vegan, Family-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 870 Calories/Serving
These hearty (and heart-healthy) deconstructed burritos are a road trip in a bowl.
In your bag
- ¾ cup black rice
- ½ pound Hodo organic braised tofu
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 ear organic corn
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup cooked black beans
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sunbasket tomatillo salsa base (tomatillos - mild green chiles - onion - scallions - cilantro - pumpkin seeds - garlic - sesame seeds)
Calories: 870, Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 16g (64% DV), Total Fat: 40g (62% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 23g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 420mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 99g (33% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
While the rice cooks, prepare the tofu.
Prep and cook the tofu
- Crumble or cut the tofu into ½-inch pieces.
While the tofu cooks, start preparing the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
- Shuck the corn. Lay the ear flat and cut the kernels from the cob.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ¼-inch pieces.
- Coarsely chop the tomatoes.
- Rinse the black beans.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
Assemble the ingredients for the bowls
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Crumble the tofu.
- Shuck the corn.
- Rinse the beans.
- Assemble the ingredients for the bowls.