Seared tuna and black rice bowls with roasted sweet potato and nori
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean
25 – 40 Minutes
The superfood superstars sweet potato, nori seaweed, and seared tuna all fill our bold black rice bowls for a clean, satisfying dinner that makes you feel as good as the dish tastes.
In your bag
- ½ cup black rice
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 or 3 radishes (about 2 ounces total; see Market Watch note)
- 1 lime
- 1 green or red fresh chile (such as jalapeño or serrano) (optional)
- Sesame dressing base (coconut aminos - toasted sesame oil)
- 2 wild albacore tuna steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- Nori strips (for garnish)
Make It Leaner
Stretch this dish into 3 portions [6 portions] to cut out 160 calories and 3 grams of fat per serving. Enjoy the rest for lunch the next day.
Cup for cup, black rice contains the most protein, fiber, and antioxidants of any rice. The grains develop their deep black-purple color from a powerful antioxidant called anthocyanin; it’s the same one that gives blueberries both their pigment and their status as a superfood.
We love the peppery bite of the radishes in these bowls. But in winter, organic radishes can be hard to find. In their place, you might receive an organic cucumber or peppery sprouts.
- If a cuke, in Step 3, peel if desired, cut in half lengthwise, then thinly slice half crosswise into enough half-moons to measure about ½ cup (save the rest for another use). Add them to the lime zest and juice in Step 3.
- If sprouts, in step 3, toss the sprouts with the lime zest; omit the lime juice. Sprinkle them on the bowls with the other garnishes in Step 6.
Calories: 490, Protein: 39g (78% DV), Fiber: 33g (132% DV), Total Fat: 11g (17% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 1g (5% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 330mg (14% DV), Carbohydrates: 56g (19% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugar: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Fish, Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.