Seared tuna and black rice donburi bowl
25 – 35 Minutes
Almost every aspect of a classic donburi bowl has been updated for this lean and clean dinner. Chewy black rice adds texture, fiber, and color, while wild albacore and sweet potato bring potent anti-inflammatories and cilantro and nori help clear the body of toxic metals. For those who can’t tolerate gluten, the donburi sauce is the real star, with both gluten-free tamari and miso.
- ½ cup Lotus Foods Forbidden black rice
- ¾ cup chopped peeled sweet potatoes
- 1 lime
- 2 or 3 red radishes
- Donburi sauce base (gluten-free white miso - gluten-free tamari - water - olive oil - sesame oil)
- Two 5-ounce Fishpeople wild albacore tuna steaks
- Fresh cilantro
- Shredded nori
Cook the rice
- Heat the oven to 400ºF.
While the rice cooks, prepare the sweet potato.
Prep and roast the sweet potato
While the potato roasts, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the donburi sauce and the radishes
- Zest and juice the lime, keeping the zest and juice separate (the juice will be divided between the donburi sauce and the radishes).
- Trim the ends from the radishes; cut the radishes in half, then thinly slice crosswise.
Cook the tuna
- Pat the tuna dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the tuna cooks and rests, chop the cilantro.
Prepare the cilantro garnish
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Calories: 580, Protein: 41 g, Fiber: 6 g, Total Fat: 24 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 17 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3 g, Saturated Fat: 4 g, Cholesterol: 55 mg, Sodium: 520 mg, Carbohydrates: 52 g, Added Sugar: 0 g.
Contains: Fish, Soybeans