In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Seared tuna and black rice bowls with roasted sweet potato and nori
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 520 Calories/Serving
The superfood superstars sweet potato, nori seaweed, and seared tuna fill our bold black rice bowls for a clean, satisfying dinner that makes you feel as good as the dish tastes.
In your bag
- ½ cup black rice
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 2 or 3 organic radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1 organic jalapeño or other fresh chile (optional)
- Sun Basket sesame dressing base (coconut aminos - coconut vinegar - toasted sesame oil)
- Seafood options:
- 2 wild albacore tuna steaks (about 5 ounces each)
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- Nori strips (for garnish)
Cup for cup, black rice contains the most protein, fiber, and antioxidants of any rice. The grains develop their deep black-purple color from a powerful antioxidant called anthocyanin; it’s the same one that gives blueberries both their pigment and their status as a superfood.
Calories: 520, Protein: 28g (56% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 13g (20% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 1g (5% DV), Cholesterol: 30mg (10% DV), Sodium: 290mg (12% DV), Carbohydrates: 71g (24% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugar: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
In a small sauce pot, combine the black rice and 1 cup [1½ cups] water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, 25 to 30 minutes.
While the rice cooks, prepare the sweet potato.
Prep and roast the sweet potato
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato into ½-inch pieces.
While the sweet potato roasts, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the radishes, cilantro, and sesame dressing
- Cut the radishes into quarters.
- Zest and juice the lime, keeping the zest and juice separate (the juice will be divided between the radishes and the sesame dressing).
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
- If using the jalapeño, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; finely chop the jalapeño. Wash your hands after handling.
In another small bowl, stir together the sesame dressing base, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lime juice, and as much jalapeño as you like. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Prep and cook the seafood
- Pat the tuna dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Season the sweet potato for roasting.
- Juice the lime.
- Stir the radishes.
- Garnish the bowls.