In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Blackened chicken breasts with collard greens and sweet potato
Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
We employ the Cajun cooking technique made popular in the 1980s with a signature blackening spice blend, turning a simple ingredient list into a fast, tasty meal.
In your bag
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 bunch organic collard greens or other leafy greens (about ½ pound)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 2 boneless skin-on chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sun Basket blackening spice blend (granulated garlic - sweet paprika - onion powder - dried thyme - dried oregano)
Calories: 570, Protein: 43g (86% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 29g (45% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 16g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 110mg (37% DV), Sodium: 180mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 37g (12% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 3g (6% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato into ½-inch pieces.
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1½ cups [3 cups].
- Strip the collard green leaves from the stems; cut the leaves crosswise into ½-inch-wide strips.
Cook the vegetables
In the same pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Working in batches if needed, add the collard greens and cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted, 3 to 5 minutes.
Stir in the apple cider vinegar and molasses and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the liquid is thickened slightly, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the sweet potato and toss to combine. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the chicken.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper and the blackening spice blend.
- Scrub the sweet potato.
- Measure the onion.
- Strip the collard green leaves.