In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Blackened sole with green beans, cannellini puree, and green goddess
Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 380 Calories/Serving
Light and bursting with flavor, this dish screams California cuisine. We perch delicate fish over a creamy white bean puree along with seasonal veggies and a tangy green goddess dressing.
In your bag
- 6 ounces organic green beans
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- Fish options:
- 2 wild skinless sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised skin-on barramundi fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket blackening spice blend (granulated garlic - sweet paprika - onion powder - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sunbasket cannellini puree (cannellini beans - water - kosher salt - red chile flakes)
- Sunbasket green goddess dressing (tahini - scallions - lemon juice - apple cider vinegar - parsley - garlic - kosher salt - dried dill)
Calories 380, Total Fat 29g (37% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 630mg (27% DV), Total Carb. 14g (5% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 5g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 20g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the green beans
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed.
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the beans, stir in 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil, and cook until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and transfer to a medium bowl. Cover and keep warm. Wipe out the pot. While the water is heating and the beans are cooking, start preparing the rest of the meal.
Prep and cook the tomatoes and fish
- In a small bowl, toss the tomatoes with1 to 2 teaspoons oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper and the blackening spice blend.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking.
For sole: Add the fish, reduce the heat to medium, and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 2 to 4 minutes. Turn the fish, add the tomatoes, and cook until the fish is opaque and flaky and the tomatoes are heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
For snapper: Add the fish, skin side down, reduce the heat to medium, and cook until the skin is crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn the fish, add the tomatoes, and cook until the fish is opaque and flaky and the tomatoes are heated through, 3 to 4 minutes.
For salmon: Add the fish, reduce the heat to medium, and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the fish, add the tomatoes, and cook until the fish is opaque and flaky and the tomatoes are heated through, 3 to 4 minutes.
For barramundi: Add the fish, skin side down, reduce the heat to medium, and cook until the skin is crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the fish, add the tomatoes, and cook until the fish is opaque and flaky and the tomatoes are heated through, 3 to 4 minutes.
Transfer the fish to a plate. While the fish is cooking, finish the green beans and warm the cannellini puree.
Finish the green beans; heat the cannellini puree
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves and stir half into the bowl with the green beans. Set aside the remaining parsley for garnish.
In the same pot used for the green beans, stir in the cannellini puree and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil and cook over medium heat until the puree is heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Spread the cannellini puree on individual plates. Top with the fish, tomatoes, and green beans. Spoon on the green goddess dressing, garnish with the remaining parsley, and serve.
- Fill a sauce pot with water for the beans.
- Toss the tomatoes with oil and season.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Spoon on the green goddess dressing.
- Garnish with the parsley.