In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Blackened sole with pickled carrots and sweet mini peppers
Paleo, Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean
2 Servings, 410 Calories/Serving
Thanks to our custom blackening spice blend and quick-pickle brine, this Caribbean-inspired blackened fish dish comes together in about 20 minutes.
In your bag
- ¼ pound organic sweet mini peppers
- 1 organic serrano or other fresh chile (optional)
- Sun Basket quick-pickle brine (apple cider vinegar - honey)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 1 organic red onion
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Fish options:
- 2 wild skinless sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- Sun Basket blackening spice blend (granulated garlic - sweet paprika - onion powder - dried thyme - dried oregano)
Calories: 410, Protein: 27g (54% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 20g (31% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 570mg (24% DV), Carbohydrates: 37g (12% DV), Total Sugars: 17g, Added Sugars: 8g (16% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Pickle the vegetables
- Remove the stems and seeds from the sweet mini peppers; cut the peppers crosswise into ¼-inch-thick rings.
- If using the serrano chile, remove the stem and cut the chile in half lengthwise. Wash your hands after handling.
Prep and caramelize the onion
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
Prep the garnish; prep and cook the fish
- Strip the cilantro leaves from the stems for garnish.
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the blackening spice blend.
- Measure the water for the pickled vegetables.
- Time the pickled vegetables.
- Strip the cilantro leaves.
- Garnish with the cilantro.