In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Blackened sole with red rice and charred corn–black bean salsa
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 550 Calories/Serving
This hit of the 1980s gets a 21st-century update, with sustainable fish and a fresh corn salsa served alongside.
In your bag
- ¼ cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- ½ cup red rice
- 1 ear organic corn
- 1 organic green or other bell pepper
- ½ cup cooked black beans
- Sunbasket Aleppo-lime vinaigrette base (lime juice - onion - Aleppo chile flakes)
- Fish options:
- 2 wild skinless sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised skinless Faroe Islands salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- Sunbasket blackening spice blend (granulated garlic - sweet paprika - onion powder - dried thyme - dried oregano)
Calories 550, Total Fat 26g (33% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 380mg (17% DV), Total Carb. 59g (21% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 24g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
While the rice cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Char the corn; make the salsa
- Shuck the corn. Lay the ear flat and cut the kernels from the cob.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; finely chop the pepper.
- Rinse the black beans.
To the bowl with the corn, stir in the bell pepper, beans, Aleppo-lime vinaigrette base, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the blackening spice blend.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Shuck the corn.
- Rinse the beans.
- Stir the salsa.