In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Blackened sole with turmeric cauliflower and artichoke-spinach dip
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Pescatarian, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 420 Calories/Serving
The surfside fish counter calls. Blackened sole, cauliflower seared in turmeric oil, and a smear of creamy artichoke-spinach dip = SoCal radness.
In your bag
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ head organic cauliflower
- ¼ pound organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- Fish options:
- 2 wild skinless sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised skin-on barramundi fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket blackening spice blend (granulated garlic - sweet paprika - onion powder - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- Sunbasket artichoke-spinach dip (artichokes - spinach - cashew butter - lemon juice - extra virgin olive oil - kosher salt - granulated garlic - nutritional yeast - red chile flakes - onion powder)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 420, Total Fat 32g (41% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 670mg (29% DV), Total Carb. 18g (7% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 23g
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond, cashew)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Toast the almonds
In a dry large frying pan over medium heat, toast the almonds, stirring often, until lightly browned and fragrant, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool. Wipe out the pan.
Make the turmeric oil
In another large frying pan over medium heat, warm 2 tablespoons [3 TBL] oil until hot but not smoking. Stir in the turmeric and heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Pour into a medium heatproof bowl and let cool. Do not clean the pan.
Prep and cook the cauliflower and tomatoes
- Cut the cauliflower into 1-inch florets, discarding any leaves or thick stalks. Cut the florets in half lengthwise.
To the bowl with the turmeric oil, add the cauliflower, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
In the same pan used for the turmeric oil, working in batches if needed, add the cauliflower in a single layer, cut sides down, and cook over medium-high heat, undisturbed, until well browned and starting to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is tender and the tomatoes start to burst, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. While the cauliflower and tomatoes are cooking, start preparing the fish.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper and the blackening spice blend.
In the same pan used for the almonds, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
For snapper and barramundi:
Add the fish, skin side down, and cook until the skin is crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
Spread the artichoke-spinach dip on one half of individual plates. Top with the cauliflower and tomatoes and arrange the fish alongside. Garnish with the almonds and serve.
- Time the cooking.
- Spread the artichoke-spinach dip on plates.
- Garnish with the almonds.