Blueberry-cashew smoothies & Avocado toasts with soft-cooked eggs and cherry tomatoes

In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.

Two Breakfasts

Blueberry-cashew smoothies & Avocado toasts with soft-cooked eggs and cherry tomatoes

Soy-Free, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free

2 Servings, 670 Calories/Serving

5–10 Minutes

Get delicious recipes with organic produce and clean ingredients delivered

View our meal plans

In your bag

1 bag serves 2 (2 bags serve 4)
Sun Basket is proud to source the organic ingredients indicated below. On the rare occasion we are unable to meet our organic promise, we'll put a note in your bag.
  • BLUEBERRY-CASHEW SMOOTHIES
  • 1 cup coconut milk
  • 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
  • 6 ounces blueberries
  • 3 tablespoons roasted cashews
  • AVOCADO TOASTS WITH SOFT COOKED EGGS AND CHERRY TOMATOES
  • 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
  • 1 ciabatta roll
  • 2½ ounces cherry tomatoes
  • 2 or 3 red radishes
  • 1 avocado
  • 1½ teaspoons sherry vinegar
  • Sun Basket avocado sprinkle - optional (sumac - Aleppo chile flakes)

Nutrition per serving


BLUEBERRY-CASHEW SMOOTHIES Nutrition per serving: Protein: 3g (6% DV), Fiber: 3g (12% DV), Total Fat: 13g (20% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 280mg (12% DV), Carbohydrates: 36g (12% DV), Total Sugars: 24g, Added Sugars (Maple syrup): 12g (24% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: tree nuts

AVOCADO TOASTS WITH SOFT COOKED EGGS AND CHERRY TOMATOES, Protein: 12g (24% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 24g (37% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 155mg (52% DV), Sodium: 580mg (24% DV), Carbohydrates: 37g (12% DV), Total Sugars: 2g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: wheat, eggs

Instructions

2-serving instructions (4-serving modifications in red)

Wash produce before use

1

Blend the ingredients

In a blender, combine the coconut milk, maple syrup, blueberries, cashews, and 1 cup ice. Season lightly with salt and blend until smooth.

Serve

Pour into glasses and serve.

1

Cook the eggs

Bring a small sauce pot of water to a boil and fill a small bowl with ice water. Carefully lower the eggs into the boiling water and cook for exactly 5 minutes for soft-cooked (for hard-cooked eggs, cook for 3 to 4 minutes longer). Transfer the eggs to the ice water to cool. Carefully peel the eggs.
While the water heats and the eggs cook, prepare the ciabatta.

2

Toast the ciabatta

  • Cut the ciabatta in half horizontally; spread the cut sides with 1 teaspoon butter or drizzle with 1 teaspoon oil; season with salt.
In a medium frying pan over medium heat, place the ciabatta, cut sides down, and toast until lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes. While the ciabatta toasts, prepare the remaining ingredients.

3

Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the avocado toasts

  • Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
  • Trim the ends from the radishes; thinly slice the radishes.
  • Cut the avocado in half. Remove the pit, scoop out the flesh, and cut the flesh lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
  • Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
In a small bowl, stir together the tomatoes, radishes, sherry vinegar, and 1 teaspoon oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
Divide the avocado between the toasts; if desired, using a fork, mash the avocado. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Top with the tomatoes, radishes, eggs, and as much avocado sprinkle as you like.

Serve

Transfer the avocado toasts to individual plates and serve.