In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Braised chicken and artichokes with ciabatta toasts
2 Servings, 700 Calories/Serving
This rustic French-inspired chicken dinner is simmered with tomatoes and artichokes and finished with toasty ciabatta for sopping up the juices.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic lemon
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Sun Basket herbed marinara (tomatoes - garlic - tomato paste - balsamic vinegar - EVOO - onion powder - kosher salt - dried oregano - black pepper - dried thyme)
- 7 ounces cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 1 ciabatta roll
Calories: 700, Protein: 37g (74% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 130mg (43% DV), Sodium: 1140mg (48% DV), Carbohydrates: 69g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the onion and lemon
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Juice half the lemon; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lemon; cut 1 lemon into wedges.]
Prep and brown the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken crosswise into 1-inch-thick strips; season generously with salt and pepper.
- On a plate or shallow bowl, season the flour with salt and pepper and spread in an even layer.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour, turning to coat; shake off any excess.
Make the sauce
Finish the chicken
While the chicken cooks, prepare the ciabatta.
Toast the ciabatta
- Cut the ciabatta in half horizontally; drizzle or brush the cut sides with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil and season with salt.
- Measure the onion.
- Juice the lemon.
- Season and spread the flour on a plate.
- Measure the water for the sauce.
- Drizzle or brush the ciabatta with oil.