Braised chicken and artichokes with ciabatta toasts
This rustic French-inspired chicken dinner is simmered with tomatoes and artichokes and finished with toasty ciabatta for sopping up the juices.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic lemon
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1½ tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Sun Basket herbed marinara (tomatoes - garlic - tomato paste - balsamic vinegar - EVOO - onion powder - kosher salt - dried oregano - black pepper - dried thyme)
- 7 ounces cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 1 ciabatta roll
To give the dredged chicken a rich brown exterior and to prevent it from sticking, in Step 2, give the sauce pot and oil plenty of time to heat before adding the chicken.
Make It Ahead
You can prepare the braised chicken (Steps 1 through 4) up to 2 days ahead. Let cool, then cover and refrigerate the braise and the lemon wedges separately. When ready to serve, gently rewarm the braised chicken, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons water as needed to loosen it, as you proceed with Step 5.
Calories: 700, Protein: 37g (74% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 130mg (43% DV), Sodium: 1140mg (48% DV), Carbohydrates: 69g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.