Braised chicken and artichokes
Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Mediterranean
25 – 40 Minutes
A few finishing touches of basil, lemon, and optional butter bring elegance to this French-inspired one-pot chicken dinner simmered with tomatoes and artichokes.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1 organic lemon
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1½ teaspoons all-purpose flour
- Herb blend (dried oregano - dried thyme)
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh basil
- 7 ounces cooked quartered artichoke hearts
To give the chicken a rich brown exterior and to prevent it from sticking, in Step 2, give the sauce pot and oil plenty of time to heat before adding the meat.
Calories: 560, Protein: 35g (70% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 34g (52% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 22g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 250mg (10% DV), Carbohydrates: 27g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.