Braised chicken and artichokes
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean
25 – 40 Minutes
A mix of fresh herbs brings elegance and a lovely balance of flavors to this French-inspired one-pot chicken dinner simmered with tomatoes and artichokes.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1 or 2 shallots
- 4 or 5 sprigs fresh basil
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 4 or 5 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lemon
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1½ teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 7 ounces cooked quartered artichoke hearts
Tarragon brings elegance and a lovely anise-like flavor to any meal. It’s one of France’s fines herbes along with parsley, chives, and chervil. These delicate herbs add subtle flavors to a wide array of dishes, from scrambled eggs to braised chicken to green salads.
Calories: 560, Protein: 35g (70% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 34g (52% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 22g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 530mg (22% DV), Carbohydrates: 25g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: (chicken broth contains trace amounts of sugar): 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.