In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Braised chicken and mushrooms with roasted cauliflower and lemon
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
This meal has the complex flavor of an all-day braise, but comes together in about the time it takes to roast the cauliflower and lemon slices. For the lush braising liquid, Chef Justine starts by browning the chicken, then an onion; mushrooms deepen the flavor and umami. We recommend loading your fork with a bit of everything—chicken, mushrooms, cauliflower, plus bite-sized pieces of the lemon (skin and all)—for a savory-citrusy mix.
In your bag
- ¾ pound cauliflower
- 1 lemon
- 1 yellow onion
- Peeled fresh garlic
- Fresh oregano
- Fresh thyme
- 10 ounces skinless boneless chicken thigh pieces
- ¼ pound cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup chicken stock
Calories: 32 g, Fiber: 6 g, Total Fat: 32 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 20 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5 g, Saturated Fat: 6 g, Cholesterol: 95 mg, Sodium: 680 mg, Carbohydrates: 22 g, Added Sugars: 0 g.
Wash produce before use
Roast the cauliflower and lemon
- Cut the cauliflower into 1-inch florets.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized florets.
- Cut the lemon in half lengthwise, then crosswise into thin half-moons. Discard any seeds.
Prep the braise ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Strip the oregano and thyme leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Brown the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
Make the sauce
Prep the mushrooms; finish the chicken
- Cut the mushrooms in half; cut any large halves into quarters.