Braised chicken with carrots, potatoes, and thyme
Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
20 – 35 Minutes
Comfort food at its finest, this gluten-free chicken supper tastes like it’s been cooking all day but comes together in just about half an hour and in just one pot.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 7 ounces organic Yukon Gold or other waxy potatoes
- 3 or 4 organic carrots (about 10 ounces total)
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- ½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons Cup4Cup gluten-free flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 sprigs organic fresh thyme
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
If you’re tempted to peel the potatoes, remember what you’ll be taking away: along with flavor, many nutrients are contained in that thin outer layer. Potato skins hold more fiber and iron than the flesh does, not to mention protein, potassium, and magnesium. So consider putting down the peeler and scrubbing the spuds instead. You’ll save time, too.
Calories: 430, Protein: 34g (68% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 13g (20% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 510mg (21% DV), Carbohydrates: 47g (16% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: (broth contains cane sugar): 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.