In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Braised chicken with carrots, potatoes, and thyme
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 400 Calories/Serving
Comfort food at its finest, this gluten-free chicken supper tastes like it’s been cooking all day but comes together in only about half an hour and in just one pot.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- ½ pound organic gold or red new potatoes
- 3 or 4 organic carrots (about 9 ounces total)
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- ½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons Cup4Cup gluten-free flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 sprigs organic fresh thyme
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
Calories 400, Total Fat 12g (15% DV), Sat. Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 460mg (20% DV), Total Carb. 51g (19% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 25g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Scrub or peel the potatoes; cut the potatoes into ½-inch pieces.
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots in half lengthwise, then on the diagonal into 1½-inch lengths.
Prep and brown the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken crosswise into 1-inch-thick strips; season with salt and pepper and the paprika.
Start cooking the vegetables
Finish the chicken and vegetables
When the chicken and vegetables are almost done, prepare the herbs.
Prep the herbs; finish the dish
- Strip enough thyme leaves from the stems to measure ½ teaspoon [1 tsp]. Save any remaining thyme for another use.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
- Measure the onion.
- Scrub the potatoes and carrots.
- Strip the thyme and parsley leaves.
- Garnish with the parsley.