In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Braised chicken with carrots, turnip, and thyme
Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 390 Calories/Serving
This juicy one-pot meal comes together quickly but boasts the hearty flavor of a long-cooked braise. We impart meaty flavor and aroma by first searing the chicken until it’s beautifully browned.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 1 organic turnip
- 3 or 4 organic carrots (about 9 ounces total)
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- ½ teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon Cup4Cup gluten-free flour
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
Calories 390, Total Fat 14g (18% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 135mg (45% DV), Sodium 560mg (24% DV), Total Carb. 36g (13% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 15g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 33g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Cut the mushrooms in half lengthwise; cut any large mushrooms into quarters.
- Scrub or peel the turnip; cut the turnip into ½-inch pieces.
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots in half lengthwise, then on the diagonal into 1½-inch lengths.
Prep and brown the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Cut the chicken crosswise into 1-inch-thick strips; season with salt and pepper and the paprika.
Start cooking the vegetables
Prep the garnish; finish the chicken and vegetables
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
- Measure the onion.
- Scrub the turnip and carrots.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Garnish with the parsley.