In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Braised chicken with mushrooms, artichokes, and almond-olive relish
Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Family-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Paleo
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
This one-pan chicken dinner combines juicy chicken with luscious mushrooms and artichokes, topped with a briny almond-olive relish.
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- 3 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 1 organic lemon
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- ½ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- Sunbasket herb blend (granulated garlic - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 3 tablespoons roasted almonds
- ½ ounce pitted Kalamata olives
Calories: 500, Protein: 38g (76% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 25g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 560mg (23% DV), Carbohydrates: 25g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables and lemon
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Cut the mushrooms in half lengthwise; cut any large mushrooms into quarters.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate.
Brown the chicken; cook the onion and mushrooms
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
Add the onion and mushrooms to the pan, season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium-high heat, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan, until the vegetables are lightly browned and starting to soften, 3 to 4 minutes.
Finish the braise
While the chicken and vegetables simmer, prepare the almond-olive relish.
Make the almond-olive relish
- Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Coarsely chop the olives.
- Measure the onion.
- Juice the lemon.
- Measure the water for the braise.
- Stir the almond-olive relish.
- Top the dish with the relish.