In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Braised coconut spinach & chickpeas
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 450 Calories/Serving
A warming weeknight dish reminiscent of a transitional Tuscan stew that's made rich with coconut milk and chickpeas. Tangy sun-dried tomatoes and spicy ginger brighten the soupy base, while baby spinach adds a burst of color and earthy flavor notes.
In your bag
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- 1 cipollini onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 2-inch piece ginger
- ½ preserved lemon peel
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces vegetable stock
- 1 16-ounces can chickpeas
- 8 ounces baby spinach
- 8 ounces coconut milk
- Olive oil
- Unsalted butter (optional)
- black pepper
Wash produce before use
Prep & Rehydrate tomatoes
Cook rice & prep
* Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter.
* Cut onion in half, peel and thinly slice.
Saute onions & prep rest of the veggies
* Peel and smash garlic.
* Peel and julienne ginger (slice into long thin strips).
* Mince preserved lemon peel.
* Drain sun-dried tomatoes, reserving ¼ cup of soaking liquid. Slice into ¼-inch strips.
Cook the veggies
Finish with coconut and spinach, serve.