In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Braised cod and vegetables over smashed white beans
Carb-Conscious, Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 400 Calories/Serving
In this Mediterranean meal, fresh lemon, tomatoes, and Castelvetrano olives bring bright and briny notes to quick-braised cod.
In your bag
- 1 organic leek
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 ounce pitted Castelvetrano olives
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Fish options:
- 2 wild cod fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 1 cup cooked white beans
Calories: 400, Protein: 36g (72% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 510mg (21% DV), Carbohydrates: 30g (10% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the braise ingredients
- Trim the root end from the leek; cut the leek in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons, enough to measure 1½ cups [3 cups]. Soak the half-moons in a medium bowl of cold water, stirring occasionally to loosen any dirt, and allow the dirt to settle at the bottom. Skim the leeks from the surface of the water and pat dry.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure ½ teaspoon [1 tsp].
- Slice the olives crosswise, checking for any pits.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Zest the lemon. Juice half; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Zest both lemons. Juice 1 lemon; cut 1 lemon into wedges.]
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
Cook the braise
Mash the beans
- Rinse the white beans.
- Wash the leeks.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Rinse and mash the beans.