In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Braised cod with tomatoes, chard, and artichokes
Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Paleo
2 Servings, 390 Calories/Serving
Paleo and gluten-free, this easy, elegant cod and artichoke dish boasts all the rich flavors of a great Mediterranean seafood stew.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- ¼ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers
- ½ bunch organic rainbow or other chard (about ¼ pound)
- ½ teaspoon Aleppo chile flakes (optional)
- Sunbasket tomato sauce base (tomatoes - tomato paste - garlic)
- Fish options:
- 2 wild cod fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- Sunbasket black olive relish (black olives - cashews - red wine vinegar - garlic - dried oregano)
Calories: 390, Protein: 35g (70% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 17g (26% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 650mg (27% DV), Carbohydrates: 25g (8% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (cashew)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the vegetables and tomato sauce
- Peel the onion and cut in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick half-moons.
- Coarsely chop the artichoke hearts.
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; coarsely chop any large pieces.
- Strip the chard leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves and stems, keeping them separate.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the onion, artichokes, roasted red peppers, chard stems, and as much Aleppo chile as you like. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the chard leaves, tomato sauce base, and ½ cup [1 cup] water and cook, stirring occasionally, until the leaves have wilted and the sauce is thickened slightly, 5 to 7 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the fish.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
When the chard leaves have wilted, add the fish to the pan, gently nestling it into the sauce. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until the fish is opaque and flaky, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the black olive relish, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the fish, vegetables, and sauce to individual bowls. Drizzle each with 1 tablespoon oil and serve.
- Strip the chard leaves.
- Measure the water for the sauce.
- Time the cooking.
- Drizzle the fish with oil.