In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Lemon chicken with sweet smoked paprika and kale
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
This one-pan dish gets big, bold flavor from a traditional Moroccan combination of fresh herbs and spices. Consider it a quick-cooking tagine. A short simmer keeps the chicken juicy and suffuses it with the seasonings.
In your bag
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken thigh pieces
- 1 lemon
- 1 yellow onion
- Peeled fresh garlic
- Fresh ginger
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 bunch kale
Calories 510, Total Fat 33g (42% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 670mg (29% DV), Total Carb. 25g (9% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Protein 32g
Wash produce before use
Prep the lemon and chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
- Cut the lemon into ¼-inch-thick rounds.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the onion.
Cook the onion
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Peel and finely chop enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Peel and finely chop or grate the ginger.
While the onion cooks, prepare the herbs.
Prep the herbs; finish the chicken
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Pour in the chicken stock and ½ cup water and stir to coat. Bring to a boil, reduce to a vigorous simmer, cover, and cook until the lemon slices are softened, the chicken is cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.
While the chicken simmers, prepare the kale.
Cook the kale
- Strip the the leaves from the kale stems; coarsely chop the leaves.