In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Moroccan braised chicken with pan-roasted carrots
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
This easy chicken dinner incorporates the tart, sweet, and savory flavors of a classic Moroccan tagine. Sear the chicken until well browned, but don’t worry about cooking it all the way through. The meat will finish cooking as it braises in the sauce while soaking up the flavors of the spices.
In your bag
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken thigh pieces
- 1 lemon
- 1 yellow onion
- Peeled fresh garlic
- Moroccan spice blend (sweet smoked paprika - cumin - ground ginger - garam masala - cinnamon - dried oregano - urfa biber - bay leaf)
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives
- Fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 6 ounces baby rainbow carrots
Calories 630, Total Fat 44g (56% DV), Sat. Fat 10g (50% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 145mg (48% DV), Sodium 680mg (30% DV), Total Carb. 27g (10% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Protein 32g
Wash produce before use
Brown the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
Prep and cook the lemon and onion
- Cut the lemon crosswise into four ¼-inch-thick slices; discard any seeds.
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Finely chop enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
Prep the garnishes; finish the chicken
- Cut the olives in half.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
Prep and cook the carrots
- Scrub the carrots. Peel them, if desired.