In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Braised tofu and shiitake stir-fry with black bean sauce over rice
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Family-Friendly, Vegan
2 Servings, 690 Calories/Serving
This fast stir-fry is all about the umami. To bring rich, satisfying flavor, we combine mushrooms, tomatoes, and our fermented black soybean sauce with your protein of choice.
In your bag
- ¾ cup sushi rice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 5 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 ounces organic shiitake or other specialty mushrooms
- 6 organic scallions
- Sunbasket fermented black soybean paste (fermented black soybeans - canola oil - garlic - ginger - gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - Marash chile flakes - brown sugar)
Calories 690, Total Fat 23g (35% DV), Sat. Fat 1.5g (8% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 1030mg (43% DV), Total Carb. 94g (31% DV), Fiber 9g (36% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 32g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
- Set aside half the sesame seeds for garnish.
Prep your protein
Chicken, steak, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
Shrimp or scallops: Rinse and drain the shrimp or scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Prep the vegetables
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Remove the stems from the shiitakes; cut the caps into quarters.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the white and green parts separate.
Par cook your protein
Finish the stir-fry
Stir in the fermented black soybean paste and ¼ cup [½ cup] water and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Stir in your protein and cook until the sauce is thickened slightly and the protein is just cooked through, 1 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rinse the rice.
- Divide the sesame seeds in half.
- Measure the water for the rice and stir-fry.
- Garnish the stir-fry.