In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Braised tofu bowls with quinoa, baby broccoli, and shishito peppers
Gluten-Free, Family-Friendly, Vegan, Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
Our gluten-free hoisin sauce brings sweet umami flavor to these easy vegetable-rich vegan quinoa bowls.
In your bag
- ½ cup rainbow quinoa
- 10 ounces organic baby broccoli
- 3 organic scallions
- ¼ pound organic shishito or other mini peppers
- ½ pound Hodo Soy organic braised tofu
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Sun Basket hoisin (almond butter - coconut aminos - pumpkin puree - dried plums - molasses - coconut vinegar - sesame oil - kosher salt - granulated garlic)
Calories: 570, Protein: 31g (62% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 360mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates: 59g (20% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: (tofu contains added sugar, hoisin contains molasses): 1g (2% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa.
While the quinoa cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Trim the root ends from the baby broccoli; cut any larger stalks in half lengthwise.
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; cut the scallions crosswise into 1-inch lengths.
- Remove the stems from the shishito peppers, if desired, and cut the peppers in half lengthwise. Wash your hands after handling.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the tofu.
Prep and cook the tofu
- Cut the tofu crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices.
While the tofu cooks, prepare the cilantro and the dressing.
Prep the cilantro; make the hoisin dressing
- Zest and juice the lime.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
- Rinse the quinoa.
- Juice the lime.
- Stir the hoisin dressing.
- Spoon on the dressing.
- Garnish with the cilantro.