In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Braised tofu mee goreng with fresh ramen and sugar snap peas
Dairy-Free, Vegan, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
Malaysian fried noodles get subtle heat from sambal oelek, balanced by the sweet, tangy, and salty flavors of maple syrup, ketchup, and gluten-free tamari.
In your bag
- 6 ounces fresh ramen noodles
- ½ pound Hodo organic braised tofu
- 1 organic white onion
- 3 organic scallions
- 5 ounces organic sugar snap or snow peas
- 1 organic lime
- 1 organic serrano or other fresh chile (optional)
- ¼ pound organic shredded Savoy or other cabbage
- Sunbasket mee goreng blend (gluten-free tamari - maple syrup - sambal oelek - ketchup - rice vinegar - sesame oil)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 580, Total Fat 17g (22% DV), Sat. Fat 1g (5% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 790mg (34% DV), Total Carb. 79g (29% DV), Fiber 17g (61% DV), Total Sugars 15g (Incl. 5g Added Sugars, 10% DV), Protein 34g
Contains: Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the ramen
While the water heats and the ramen cooks, prepare the tofu.
Prep and crisp the tofu
- Crumble the tofu into ¼-inch pieces.
While the tofu cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Peel and coarsely chop enough onion to measure ¾ cup [1½ cups].
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions on the diagonal, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients and finish the mee goreng
- Cut the lime into wedges for garnish.
- If using the serrano, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; thinly slice the serrano. Set aside half for garnish. Wash your hands after handling.
- Crumble the tofu.
- Measure the onion.
- Garnish with the scallions.