In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Brazilian beef and bell pepper picadillo with cauliflower “dirty rice”
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 510 Calories/Serving
Sweet and pleasantly salty with raisins and olives, this paleo spin on a Latin American comfort-food classic is fragrant and satisfying but not too heavy.
In your bag
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- ¼ cup pitted Castelvetrano olives
- 10 ounces ground beef
- 1 cup organic mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- Sun Basket picadillo spice blend (sweet paprika - cinnamon - cumin - cayenne)
- Sun Basket tomato sauce base (tomatoes - tomato paste - fresh garlic)
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 10 ounces organic cauliflower “rice”
- 1 teaspoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
Calories: 510, Protein: 34g (68% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 26g (40% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 8g (40% DV), Cholesterol: 90mg (30% DV), Sodium: 560mg (23% DV), Carbohydrates: 35g (12% DV), Total Sugars: 21g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the ingredients; cook the picadillo
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; coarsely chop the pepper.
- Cut the olives in half lengthwise, checking for any pits.
- Cut a small corner from the ground beef packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
While the picadillo cooks, prepare the parsley and the cauliflower “rice.”
Prep the parsley; cook the cauliflower “dirty rice”
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
- Measure the water for the picadillo.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Time the cauliflower “rice.”
- Garnish with the parsley.