In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Brazilian fish moqueca over sweet potato mash
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 580 Calories/Serving
Our version of moqueca, or Brazilian seafood stew, features flaky white fish and a bright tomato-based broth—all spooned over a rich coconut milk–sweet potato mash.
In your bag
- 1 organic purple sweet potato
- 1 organic lime
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 3 organic scallions
- 2 ounces roasted red peppers
- 2 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- Fish options:
- 2 wild cod fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
Calories 580, Total Fat 39g (50% DV), Sat. Fat 21g (105% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 55mg (18% DV), Sodium 290mg (13% DV), Total Carb. 36g (13% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 25g
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the sweet potato mash
- Peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Juice half the lime; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lime; cut 1 lime into wedges.]
Prep the moqueca ingredients
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 2 teaspoons [1 TBL].
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; finely chop the peppers.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; cut the fish into 1-inch pieces and season lightly with salt and pepper.
Cook the moqueca
Add the fish, cover, and cook until the fish is opaque and flaky, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Juice the lime.
- Combine the sweet potato and coconut milk in a pot.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the water for the moqueca.
- Garnish with the scallions.