In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Spicy Brazilian shrimp moqueca with cauliflower mash
Diabetes-Friendly, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Spicy, Paleo
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
This lush Brazilian seafood stew is known for bold, bright flavors, which we balance with our paleo (and gluten-free) cauliflower mash cooked in coconut milk.
In your bag
- ½ head organic cauliflower
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 2 or 3 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- Shrimp options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 1 organic lime
- 1½ cups diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons diced mild green chiles
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
Calories: 620, Protein: 30g (60% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 30g (46% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 22g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 215mg (72% DV), Sodium: 370mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates: 32g (11% DV), Total Sugars: 15g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the cauliflower
- Cut the cauliflower into 1-inch florets, discarding any leaves or thick stalks.
While the cauliflower cooks, prepare the vegetables and shrimp.
Prep the vegetables and shrimp
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ½-inch pieces.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 2 teaspoons [1 TBL].
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Juice half the lime; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lime; cut 1 lime into wedges.]
Cook the shrimp moqueca
Add the shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until firm and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes for regular shrimp, 4 to 6 minutes for jumbo shrimp. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt, pepper, and lime juice.
When the shrimp are almost done, chop the cilantro.
Prep the cilantro; finish the cauliflower mash
- Coarsely chop the cilantro for garnish.
- Measure the onion.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Juice the lime.
- Garnish with the cilantro.