In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Broccoli-mozzarella panini with marinara and honey-glazed carrots
Vegetarian, Family-Friendly, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 730 Calories/Serving
We love how slightly bitter baby broccoli dances with sweet marinara and creamy mozzarella in this balanced vegetarian panini.
In your bag
- 7 ounces organic baby carrots
- Sun Basket honey-Dijon blend (honey - Dijon mustard)
- 10 ounces organic baby broccoli
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- ¼ pound fresh mozzarella
- Sun Basket marinara (tomatoes - fresh garlic - tomato paste - balsamic vinegar - EVOO - onion powder - kosher salt - dried oregano - black pepper - dried thyme)
Calories: 730, Protein: 26g (52% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 33g (51% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 11g (55% DV), Cholesterol: 45mg (15% DV), Sodium: 1170mg (49% DV), Carbohydrates: 79g (26% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: (honey): 2g (4% DV).
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the carrots
- Cut the carrots on the diagonal into 1-inch lengths.
Stir in the honey-Dijon blend and ¼ cup [⅓ cup] white wine (from your pantry) or water. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are tender and lightly browned and the liquid is slightly thickened to a glaze, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
While the carrots cook, prepare the baby broccoli.
Prep and cook the baby broccoli
- Trim the root ends from the baby broccoli; cut the broccoli into 1-inch pieces.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
While the broccoli cooks, prepare the ciabatta and mozzarella.
Toast the ciabatta; warm the marinara
- Cut the ciabatta in half horizontally; drizzle or brush the cut sides with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil and season with salt.
- Cut the mozzarella into ¼-inch-thick slices.
In the same pan over medium-low heat, add the marinara and cook, stirring occasionally, until warmed through, 1 to 3 minutes.
Assemble the panini
Place the ciabatta roll bottoms, cut sides up, on a work surface or, if broiling, on a sheet pan. Top with the broccoli, marinara, and mozzarella. If desired, broil until the mozzarella is melted, 1 to 2 minutes, then remove from the oven. Close the panini with the ciabatta roll tops.
- Set the timer for the carrots.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Drizzle the ciabatta with oil.