In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Brussels sprout and mushroom orecchiette with creamy mustard sauce
Vegetarian, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 730 Calories/Serving
Greek yogurt and egg yolks stand in for cream in this crowd-pleasing vegetarian pasta, with earthy mushrooms, kale, and Brussels sprouts.
In your bag
- 5 ounces orecchiette
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- ¼ cup whole wheat panko
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ pound cremini mushrooms
- 1 bunch kale (about ½ pound)
- ¼ pound Brussels sprouts
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
Calories 730, Total Fat 30g (38% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 180mg (60% DV), Sodium 820mg (36% DV), Total Carb. 84g (31% DV), Fiber 11g (39% DV), Total Sugars 9g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 36g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Cook the orecchiette
While the water heats and the orecchiette cooks, prepare the panko.
Toast the panko
- Strip the rosemary leaves from the stem; finely chop enough leaves to measure 1 teaspoon.
While the panko toasts, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Trim the stem ends from the mushrooms. Cut the mushrooms into quarters; cut any large quarters into ½-inch pieces.
- Strip the kale leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Trim the stem ends from the Brussels sprouts; thinly slice the sprouts lengthwise.
While the vegetables cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the eggs; finish the pasta
- Working over a small bowl, separate the egg yolks from the whites; save the whites for another use. With a whisk or fork, lightly beat the yolks until blended.
- Measure out ¼ cup Parmesan; set aside the rest for garnish.
To the pot with the orecchiette, stir in the mushroom mixture, sherry vinegar, and mustard and cook over medium heat, stirring, until hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the egg yolk mixture and cook, stirring constantly, just until heated through, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat. If the sauce seems dry, add the reserved pasta cooking water 1 tablespoon at a time to loosen. Season to taste with salt and pepper.