In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Brussels sprout carbonara with fusilli and roasted hazelnuts
Mediterranean, Family-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Vegetarian
2 Servings, 660 Calories/Serving
A creamy egg yolk sauce coats this ingenious carbonara, sprinkled with Parmesan and hazelnuts for a hearty vegetarian meal.
In your bag
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- ½ pound organic Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 organic eggs
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted hazelnuts
- 5 ounces quinoa fusilli
- Sun Basket dried herb blend (granulated garlic - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- ¾ cup organic peas
Calories: 660, Protein: 24g (48% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 26g (40% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 16g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 165mg (55% DV), Sodium: 270mg (11% DV), Carbohydrates: 85g (28% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts (hazelnut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Heat the water; prep the ingredients
- Peel and coarsely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup [½ cup].
- Trim the ends from the Brussels sprouts; thinly slice the sprouts.
- Set aside half the Parmesan for garnish.
- Working over 2 small bowls, crack 1 egg at a time and separate the white and yolk, carefully dropping the white into 1 bowl and the yolk into the other bowl. Save the whites for another use. [Separate all 4 eggs.] Using a fork or whisk, lightly beat the egg yolks until blended. Stir in half the Parmesan.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the hazelnuts for garnish.
Cook the fusilli
While the fusilli cooks, sauté the vegetables.
Cook the vegetables; finish the pasta
Remove from the heat, immediately add the egg yolks, and toss to coat. If dry, add the reserved pasta cooking water 1 tablespoon at a time to loosen the sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Measure the shallots.
- Divide the Parmesan.
- Crush the hazelnuts.
- Time the fusilli.
- Sprinkle the hazelnuts and Parmesan.