In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Brussels sprouts with delicata squash, currants, and hazelnuts
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo, Vegetarian
8 Servings, 190 Calories/Serving
We love the contrast of crisp roasted Brussels sprouts leaves against tender caramelized squash. Here, we roast them separately, in case one cooks in less time than the other. To help save you time, we’ve made the cinnamon vinaigrette for you. If you have a convection oven, roast the vegetables at 425°F with the fan on for even crisper edges. Feel free to make this early in the day, too; it’s just as delicious hot as it is at room temperature.
In your bag
- ¼ cup currants
- Sun Basket cinnamon vinaigrette (olive oil - maple syrup - balsamic vinegar - sherry vinegar - cinnamon)
- 1 pound delicata squash
- 1¼ pounds Brussels sprouts
- 6 ounces shallots
- Fresh thyme
- 2 ounces roasted hazelnuts
Calories: 190, Protein: 5 g, Total Fat: 11 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 8 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Carbohydrates: 22 g, Fiber: 4 g, Added Sugar (Maple Syrup): 2 g, Sodium: 270 mg
Contains: tree nuts
Wash produce before use
Prep the ingredients
- In a small bowl, combine the currants with the cinnamon vinaigrette and let plump, stirring once or twice.
- Cut the delicata squash in half lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds. Cut the squash crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Trim the root ends from the Brussels sprouts; cut the Brussels sprouts into quarters.
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Strip the thyme leaves from the stems.
Roast the vegetables
In a second large bowl, combine the delicata squash with the remaining shallots and thyme and 1 tablespoon oil. Toss well to coat, then season with salt and pepper.
On a sheet pan, spread the Brussels sprouts, cut side down, in an even layer; on a second sheet pan, spread the delicata squash mixture in an even layer.
Roast the vegetables in the oven, rotating the pans halfway, until the Brussels sprouts are browned, crispy, and tender, and the squash is lightly browned and soft, 25 to 30 minutes. While the vegetables roast, prepare the hazelnuts.
Finish the dish
- Coarsely chop the hazelnuts.