In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Bucatini and pancetta carbonara with arugula salad
2 Servings, 630 Calories/Serving
Egg yolks transform into a velvety carbonara sauce when tossed with hot pasta and crisp pancetta. A simple green salad balances the richness of the meal.
In your bag
- 3 ounces diced pancetta
- ⅓ cup peas
- 5 ounces bucatini
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 3 pasture-raised organic eggs
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan
- 5 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens such as kale
- ½ teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
Calories 630, Total Fat 30g (38% DV), Sat. Fat 9g (45% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 315mg (105% DV), Sodium 540mg (23% DV), Total Carb. 66g (24% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 24g
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Heat the water; cook the pancetta and peas
- Finely chop the diced pancetta.
While the pancetta and peas cook, start the bucatini.
Cook the bucatini
While the bucatini cooks, prepare the salad ingredients and eggs.
Prep the salad ingredients and the eggs
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Juice half the lemon; save the other lemon half for another use. [Juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon.]
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Working over 2 small bowls, crack 1 egg at a time and separate the white and yolk, carefully dropping the white into 1 bowl and the yolk into the other. Save the whites for another use. Using a whisk or fork, lightly beat the egg yolks until blended.
Make the carbonara
Toss the salad
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Juice the lemon.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Toss the salad.