In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Bucatini pomodoro with olives, pine nuts, and ricotta salata
Soy-Free, Vegetarian, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
There are over 350 types of pasta in the world and each shape has its own delicious purpose. Bucatini, for example, is a thick hollow spaghetti noodle that gets coated inside and out with our saucy marinara.
In your bag
- 5 ounces bucatini
- ¼ cup pitted Castelvetrano olives
- 6 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 organic lemon
- 1½ ounces ricotta salata
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- Sunbasket marinara (tomatoes - olive oil - garlic - basil - salt - spices)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh Thai basil
Nutrition per serving
Calories 600, Total Fat 31g (40% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 25mg (8% DV), Sodium 730mg (32% DV), Total Carb. 66g (24% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 17g
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (pine nut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the bucatini
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the bucatini and cook until just tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain, reserving ¼ cup [½ cup] pasta cooking water. Meanwhile, prepare the ingredients for the sauce.
Prep the sauce ingredients
- Cut the olives in half, checking for any pits.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems.
- Zest and juice the lemon. [Zest both lemons; juice 1 lemon. Save the remaining zested lemon for another use.]
- Crumble the ricotta salata or, using a peeler, shave it into thin strips.
Make the sauce
In a large frying pan over medium-low heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the pine nuts and cook, stirring often, until fragrant and starting to brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Increase the heat to medium, add the marinara and reserved pasta cooking water, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened slightly, 2 to 3 minutes. When the sauce is almost done, prepare the basil.
Prep the basil; finish the bucatini
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; tear the leaves into small pieces.
To the pan with the sauce, add the bucatini, olives, tomatoes, parsley, basil, lemon zest, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice, and 1 to 2 tablespoons oil and toss to coat. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Time the bucatini.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip and tear the basil leaves.
- Garnish with the ricotta salata.