In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Bucatini pomodoro with olives, pine nuts, and ricotta salata
Vegetarian, Soy-Free, Family-Friendly
2 Servings, 650 Calories/Serving
Tomatoes provide the base for this uncomplicated pasta dish, studded with olives and toasted pine nuts and brightened with lemon juice.
In your bag
- 5 ounces bucatini
- ½ cup pitted Castelvetrano olives
- 6 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 organic lemon
- 1½ ounces ricotta salata
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- Sun Basket herbed marinara (tomatoes - garlic - tomato paste - balsamic vinegar - EVOO - onion powder - kosher salt - dried oregano - black pepper - dried thyme)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh Thai basil
Calories: 650, Protein: 19g (38% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 33g (51% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 25mg (8% DV), Sodium: 880mg (37% DV), Carbohydrates: 74g (25% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts (pine nut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the bucatini
Prep the sauce ingredients
- Cut the olives in half, checking for any pits.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems.
- Zest and juice the lemon. [Zest both lemons; juice 1 lemon. Save the remaining zested lemon for another use.]
- Crumble the ricotta salata or, using a peeler, shave it into thin strips.
Make the sauce
When the sauce is almost done, prepare the basil.
Prep the basil; finish the bucatini
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; tear the leaves into small pieces.
- Time the bucatini.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip and tear the basil leaves.
- Garnish with the ricotta salata.