In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sicilian-style chicken and bucatini with goat cheese, currants, and walnuts
2 Servings, 740 Calories/Serving
Poached chicken breasts provide heft and protein to this easy pasta dish, while melting goat cheese brings creaminess and lemon juice lends tang.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 4 sprigs organic fresh thyme
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup currants
- 5 ounces bucatini
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- ⅓ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens such as spinach
Because parsley seeds require an unusually long germination period (70 to 90 days), medieval superstitions held that the seeds needed enough time to travel to hell and back a few times before sprouting. Consequently, some farmers in the Middle Ages were afraid to plant them! Yet today parsley is quite possibly the most popular herb in Western cooking.
Calories: 740, Protein: 56g (112% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 150mg (50% DV), Sodium: 200mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 74g (25% DV), Total Sugars: 17g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the chicken
While the chicken cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Strip enough thyme leaves from the stems to measure ½ teaspoon [1 tsp]. Save any remaining thyme for another use.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate (the juice will be divided between the pasta sauce and salad). [Zest both lemons; juice 1½ lemons. Save the remaining zested lemon half.]
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- In a small bowl, cover the currants with hot tap water and soak until plumped, 4 to 5 minutes, then drain.
Cook the bucatini
While the bucatini cooks, prepare the pasta sauce.
Make the pasta sauce
While the sauce simmers, make the salad.
Toss the salad
- Measure the thyme.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Toss the salad.