In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Sicilian-style chicken and bucatini with goat cheese, currants, and walnuts
2 Servings, 740 Calories/Serving
Poached chicken breasts provide heft and protein to this easy pasta dish, while melting goat cheese brings creaminess and lemon juice lends tang.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 4 sprigs organic fresh thyme
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup currants
- 5 ounces bucatini
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- ⅓ cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 ounces organic baby arugula or other leafy greens such as spinach
Calories 740, Total Fat 25g (32% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 150mg (50% DV), Sodium 200mg (9% DV), Total Carb. 74g (27% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 17g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 56g
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the chicken
While the chicken cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Strip enough thyme leaves from the stems to measure ½ teaspoon [1 tsp]. Save any remaining thyme for another use.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate (the juice will be divided between the pasta sauce and salad). [Zest both lemons; juice 1½ lemons. Save the remaining zested lemon half.]
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- In a small bowl, cover the currants with hot tap water and soak until plumped, 4 to 5 minutes, then drain.
Cook the bucatini
While the bucatini cooks, prepare the pasta sauce.
Make the pasta sauce
While the sauce simmers, make the salad.
Toss the salad
- Measure the thyme.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Toss the salad.