In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Buddha bowls with braised tofu, soba noodles, and cashew-lime dressing
Dairy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 760 Calories/Serving
These healthful bowls brim with sweet potato, braised tofu, soba noodles, and an assortment of other superfoods fit for Buddha himself. Nom-aste.
In your bag
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 red onion
- ¼ pound shredded red cabbage
- ¼ pound shredded carrots
- Southeast Asian pickling brine (apple cider vinegar - honey - fish sauce)
- 5 ounces soba noodles (buckwheat - wheat)
- Sunbasket cashew-lime dressing (cashew butter - gluten-free tamari - toasted sesame oil - honey - lime juice - sambal oelek - fresh garlic - fresh ginger)
- ½ pound Hodo Soy braised tofu
- 2 tablespoons roasted cashews
- 5 or 6 sprigs fresh mint
Calories 760, Total Fat 24g (31% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 790mg (34% DV), Total Carb. 107g (39% DV), Fiber 16g (57% DV), Total Sugars 22g (Incl. 8g Added Sugars, 16% DV), Protein 35g
Contains: Fish, Tree Nuts, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the sweet potato and onion
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Trim the ends and cut the potato in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Peel and cut the red onion into 1-inch pieces.
While the sweet potato and onion roast, prepare the rest of the meal.
Pickle the cabbage and carrots
- In a medium heatproof bowl, combine the cabbage and carrots.
Cook the soba noodles
While the water heats and the soba noodles cook, prepare the tofu.
Cook the tofu
- Crumble the tofu into ½-inch pieces.
While the tofu cooks, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems.
- Drain the pickled cabbage and carrots; discard the liquid or save for another use.