In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Buffalo cauliflower and chickpeas over kale-cucumber salad
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Vegan, Spicy, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 390 Calories/Serving
Live life on the veg with “meaty” cauliflower and chickpeas tossed in a light, smoky batter and oven-roasted to crispy goodness.
In your bag
- ½ head organic cauliflower
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Sunbasket smoky seasoning blend (onion powder - granulated garlic - sweet smoked paprika)
- 1 organic cucumber
- 1 organic red onion
- 5 ounces organic chopped kale or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket slaw dressing base (onion - red wine vinegar - garlic)
- ¼ cup Frank’s RedHot cayenne pepper sauce
- Sunbasket tahini goddess dressing (tahini - scallions - lemon juice - apple cider vinegar - parsley - garlic - kosher salt - dried dill)
Calories 390, Total Fat 14g (18% DV), Sat. Fat 2g (10% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 1010mg (44% DV), Total Carb. 57g (21% DV), Fiber 14g (50% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 16g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Roast the cauliflower and chickpeas
Heat the oven to 450°F. Line a sheet pan [2 sheet pans] with parchment paper or foil.
- Cut the cauliflower into 1-inch florets, discarding any leaves or thick stalks.
- Rinse the chickpeas; pat thoroughly dry with a paper towel.
In a large bowl, combine the flour and smoky seasoning blend and season generously with salt and pepper. Slowly add ¼ cup [½ cup] water and stir until a smooth batter forms. Add the cauliflower and chickpeas and toss until well coated. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cauliflower and chickpeas to the prepared sheet pan [pans].
Roast, stirring halfway through, until the cauliflower is tender and the coating is golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. While the cauliflower and chickpeas are roasting, prepare the salad.
Make the kale-cucumber salad
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber into ½-inch pieces.
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Remove any coarse stems from the kale.
In a large bowl, stir together the slaw dressing base and 1 to 2 tablespoons oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the cucumber, onion, and kale and toss to coat; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Finish the cauliflower and chickpeas
Remove the cauliflower and chickpeas from the oven, add half the cayenne pepper sauce, and toss to coat, adding more sauce if desired. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Season the tahini goddess dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the kale-cucumber salad to individual bowls and top with the Buffalo cauliflower and chickpeas. Spoon over the tahini goddess dressing and serve.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Rinse the chickpeas and pat dry.
- Measure the onion.
- Assemble the salad.
- Spoon over the tahini goddess dressing.